Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yummy PB Oatmeal Cookie Balls

So this afternoon I finally got around to trying a recipe I had jotted down in one of my notebooks...a Chemistry notebook, actually. More Chemistry and less recipe browsing/surfing may have gotten me a better grade in that class!

I wish I had written down where I found this recipe so that I could give credit where credit is due, but unfortunately I didn't. So if you stumble across my blog and know where it came from, please feel free to comment!!

These tasty balls started out with a cup full of peanut butter. I choose to use a natural peanut butter made only of PB. Add to this 1 cup of honey and mix well. Next you'll want to add 3 cups of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed. I mixed the oatmeal and flaxseed together first in a separate bowl (additional dirty bowl=yuck!) just to get a more homogenous mixture and to prevent biting into a clump of flaxseed later on! When that is nice and thoroughly mixed you can add other ingredients to your family's tastes. I added dark chocolate chips and walnuts to ours. You may also want to consider dried frut, raisins, butterscotch chips, or something along those lines. Get Creative ;-) From here you just pinch off about a TBSP's worth and roll into balls. You can stack in a container between sheets of wax paper, or put in mini-baking cups. Store in the refridgerator. These are perfect for packing in lunches, as an after school snack, or maybe if it's your preschooler's turn to provide a snack! Just please be considerate of any food allergies in your preschool classroom!!

Two thumbs up from my family. They are disappearing out of the fridge! I'm thinking next time I will experiment with almond butter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment